You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution United Nations University Remove constraint Publishing Institution: United Nations University Political Geography Asia Remove constraint Political Geography: Asia Topic Governance Remove constraint Topic: Governance
- Author: Vesselin Popovski, G Shabbir Cheema, Cameron Lowry, Mark Notaras
- Publication Date: 10-2008
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: United Nations University
- Abstract: Scholars and development practitioners recognize the centrality of governance capacity to achieve sustainable peace and development objectives, including the eradication of extreme poverty, access to services and livelihoods, promotion of economic growth, environmental protection and gender equality among others. With these in view, developing countries are emphasizing the need to improve governance systems and processes to promote people-centered sustainability. The United Nations, development banks, bilateral donors and private sector foundations have been supporting these efforts through governance assistance programs.
- Topic: Civil Society, Politics, United Nations, Non State Actors, Governance
- Political Geography: Asia