You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies Remove constraint Publishing Institution: S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies Political Geography Bangladesh Remove constraint Political Geography: Bangladesh Topic International Relations Remove constraint Topic: International Relations
- Author: Alistair D. B. Cook, Foo Yen Ne
- Publication Date: 07-2018
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies
- Abstract: The exposure to natural hazards has prompted Bangladesh to institutionalize disaster management and coordination. This report examines Bangladesh’s established disaster management structures and the role of key actors through reviewing existing literature from international organisations, academia, and think tanks, followed by interviews with key disaster management stakeholders in Bangladesh from the end of February to the beginning of March 2018. In analysing the response to the 2017 Rohingya Exodus, this report aims to identify lessons learnt and factors which may impede effective disaster management and coordination between different actors with some operating outside their traditional mandated area of natural hazards to govern a complex humanitarian emergency.
- Topic: International Relations, Human Rights
- Political Geography: Bangladesh