You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies Remove constraint Publishing Institution: S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies Political Geography Asia Remove constraint Political Geography: Asia Topic Islam Remove constraint Topic: Islam
- Publication Date: 06-2014
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies
- Abstract: With the Indonesian presidential election coming to an end, the race between Jokowi- Kalla and Prabowo-Hatta have intensified considerably with both teams battling neck-to-neck with only a miniscule margin that separates the two. According to latest poll results, about 10 per cent of the electorate still remains undecided. This report intends to provide an analysis on the developments within the electoral competition that may tip the balance to either side. It highlights three crucial aspects that may inevitably determine the winner of the election: (i) Image Cultivation; (ii) Islamic Credentials; and (iii) Party Machinery. The report will conclude with a scenario-analysis of either a possible post-election Prabowo government or a Jokowi one with the intention of extrapolating how each hypothetical administration will play out and the immediate implications of either presidential aspirants coming to power.
- Topic: Civil Society, Islam, Regime Change
- Political Geography: Asia