You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution North Caucasus Weekly (formerly Chechnya Weekly), The Jamestown Foundation Remove constraint Publishing Institution: North Caucasus Weekly (formerly Chechnya Weekly), The Jamestown Foundation Political Geography Chechnya Remove constraint Political Geography: Chechnya Topic Development Remove constraint Topic: Development
- Publication Date: 04-2008
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: North Caucasus Weekly (formerly Chechnya Weekly), The Jamestown Foundation
- Abstract: Russian state television's Channel One on the evening of April 22 broadcast a putative documentary film made by Kremlin correspondent Anton Vernitsky called “Plan 'Kavkaz'” (The Caucasus Plan). The film purports to show how Turkey, the United States and Great Britain attempted at the start of the 1990s to divide Russia into small parts not controlled by the federal center. The film featured Berkan Merrikh Yashar, born Abubakar—a Turkish-born ethnic Chechen who claims to be a journalist who once worked for Radio Liberty in Munich and a politician with close connections to the Turkish leadership.
- Topic: Conflict Resolution, Security, Development
- Political Geography: Russia, Europe, Turkey, Asia, Chechnya