You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA) Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA) Publication Year within 25 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 25 Years Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Topic Climate Finance Remove constraint Topic: Climate Finance
- Author: Yanfei Li
- Publication Date: 01-2016
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA)
- Abstract: The recent ERIA report on 'Effective Power Infrastructure Investment through Power Grid Interconnections in East Asia' aims to support existing initiatives--the ASEAN Power Grid and Greater Mekong Subregion Power Master Plan--by quantitatively showing the possible economic and environmental benefits of such power grid interconnections. The study team selected specific candidate routes of cross-border transmission lines for further examination. They carried out the preliminary project planning and per kilowatt-hour cost estimation for the selected cross-border lines. The estimated results indicate that although these are capital-intensive projects, attainable benefits seem to be large enough to justify the investment well.
- Topic: Economics, Climate Finance, Business
- Political Geography: Southeast Asia