You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution Centre for European Policy Studies Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Centre for European Policy Studies Political Geography India Remove constraint Political Geography: India Topic Development Remove constraint Topic: Development
- Author: Christian Egenhofer, Noriko Fujiwara
- Publication Date: 02-2010
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Centre for European Policy Studies
- Abstract: India has become an important partner for the EU in both multilateral and bilateral relations in a wide range of policy areas, including energy and climate change. Despite the strategic importance of this partnership, there may be insufficient awareness and understanding among EU stakeholders a bout India's development needs and challenges, its high degree of vulnerability to the impacts of climate change and the actions it has taken domestically and in international fora to address climate change. The country is among those rapidly and steadily growing economies with an increasing share of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, although it starts from a very low emissions base.
- Topic: Climate Change, Development, Economics, Energy Policy, Industrial Policy
- Political Geography: India