You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution Centre for European Policy Studies Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Centre for European Policy Studies Political Geography Germany Remove constraint Political Geography: Germany Topic Political Economy Remove constraint Topic: Political Economy
- Author: Daniel Gros
- Publication Date: 02-1999
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Centre for European Policy Studies
- Abstract: The outcome of the first round of wage negotiations in post-EMU Germany sheds some new light on the old question: What impact will the euro have on labour markets and unemployment? Economists would say that it depends on the structure of the bargaining process. In wage-setting, it seems that either one of the two extremes of full centralisation or complete fragmentation is conducive to low inflation and unemployment.
- Topic: Economics, Political Economy
- Political Geography: Europe, Germany