You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution Centre for European Policy Studies Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Centre for European Policy Studies Political Geography Germany Remove constraint Political Geography: Germany Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Topic Debt Remove constraint Topic: Debt
- Author: Stefano Micossi
- Publication Date: 06-2012
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Centre for European Policy Studies
- Abstract: Once again the European Council will meet in an emergency session at the end of June, with the eurozone economy in recession and actually plummeting in its Southern periphery. Further doubts are also growing on the sustainability of sovereign debts due to the vicious spiral of deteriorating bank balance sheets, ballooning potential liabilities from banking rescues and widening spreads on government borrowings. The sovereign debt crisis in the periphery has now turned into a fully fledged banking crisis that threatens to spread from Greece to Spain and tomorrow, who knows, to Italy, France and even Germany itself.
- Topic: Debt, Economics, Regional Cooperation, Financial Crisis, Governance
- Political Geography: Europe, Greece, France, Germany, Spain, Italy