You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution Centre for European Policy Studies Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Centre for European Policy Studies Political Geography Arabia Remove constraint Political Geography: Arabia Topic Development Remove constraint Topic: Development
- Author: Hrant Kostanyan, Magdalena Nasieniak
- Publication Date: 06-2012
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Centre for European Policy Studies
- Abstract: The EU has consistently stressed the primacy of democracy assistance in its pronouncements on EU external policy, but its actions have noticeably lagged behind. At the heart of the problem are the absence of available appropriate instruments, incoherent external action and convoluted decision-making procedures that require the mobilisation of unanimity and the political backing of all 27 EU member states. The Arab Spring once again highlighted the EU's inability to react swiftly and decisively to the extraordinary events unfolding in its neighbourhood.
- Topic: Democratization, Development, Foreign Aid
- Political Geography: Europe, Arabia