You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution Atlantic Council Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Atlantic Council Political Geography China Remove constraint Political Geography: China Topic Political Economy Remove constraint Topic: Political Economy
- Publication Date: 05-2008
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Atlantic Council
- Abstract: Because of their significant contribution to global demand for improved living standards, meaningful actions by the United States and China on transportation and energy will be important in any effort to reduce global consumption of traditional energy sources. Together the United States and China consume 40% of the world's energy and are responsible for 50% of the world's greenhouse gas emissions. Given their economic size and impact on global markets, it is imperative that the U.S. and China join in a mutually beneficial process.
- Topic: Energy Policy, Environment, International Cooperation, Political Economy
- Political Geography: United States, China