You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution Asia Society Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Asia Society Political Geography India Remove constraint Political Geography: India Publication Year within 25 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 25 Years Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Topic International Trade and Finance Remove constraint Topic: International Trade and Finance
- Author: Anubhav Gupta
- Publication Date: 03-2016
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Asia Society
- Abstract: India’s membership in APEC would mitigate two significant problems: 1) India’s relatively poor integration into the global economy; and 2) the emergence of a divisive trade agenda in the Asia-Pacific. This issue brief outlines these challenges and highlights the obstacles and opportunities related to India’s inclusion in APEC. It concludes that this is the right time to start considering India’s membership in the forum and that a strategy is needed to chart a pathway for the country’s eventual accession to APEC.
- Topic: International Trade and Finance, Global Political Economy
- Political Geography: India