You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution The Carter Center Remove constraint Publishing Institution: The Carter Center Political Geography Caribbean Remove constraint Political Geography: Caribbean Topic Development Remove constraint Topic: Development
- Publication Date: 01-2000
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: The Carter Center
- Abstract: During the first six months of this year, four Latin American countries exercised democracy by scheduling elections. The Dominican Republic, Mexico, Peru, and Venezuela laid the groundwork for electoral processes, though only the Dominican Republic and Mexico actually held elections as planned (see also “What Latin America's Elections Really Mean,” Page 4). In all four cases, however, Carter Center delegates were on site to monitor the proceedings. Below are the Center's observations, listing the most recent election first.
- Topic: Development, Environment, Human Rights, Migration, Science and Technology, Third World
- Political Geography: South America, Latin America, Central America, Caribbean, Venezuela, Mexico, Peru