You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution The Brookings Institution Remove constraint Publishing Institution: The Brookings Institution Political Geography Washington Remove constraint Political Geography: Washington Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years
- Author: Johannes F. Linn, Colin I. Bradford
- Publication Date: 09-2009
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: The Brookings Institution
- Abstract: In November 2008, President George W. Bush convened the first G-20 summit in Washington to address the worst global financial economic crisis since the Great Depression. This summit provided a long-overdue opportunity for a dramatic and lasting change in global governance. This was followed by the election of Barack Obama, who had campaigned on a distinctly different foreign policy platform compared with his Republican rival, Senator John McCain. These two events were no mere coincidence.
- Topic: International Organization, International Trade and Finance, Financial Crisis
- Political Geography: Washington