You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution International Crisis Group Remove constraint Publishing Institution: International Crisis Group Political Geography Indonesia Remove constraint Political Geography: Indonesia Topic Counterinsurgency Remove constraint Topic: Counterinsurgency
- Publication Date: 09-2010
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: International Crisis Group
- Abstract: A bloody bank robbery in Medan in August 2010 and the discovery in Aceh in February 2010 of a terrorist training camp using old police weapons have focused public attention on the circulation of illegal arms in Indonesia. These incidents raise questions about how firearms fall into criminal hands and what measures are in place to stop them. The issue has become more urgent as the small groups of Indonesian jihadis, concerned about Muslim casualties in bomb attacks, are starting to discuss targeted killings as a preferred method of operation.
- Topic: Conflict Prevention, Arms Control and Proliferation, Crime, Terrorism, Counterinsurgency
- Political Geography: Indonesia