You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution European Union Institute for Security Studies Remove constraint Publishing Institution: European Union Institute for Security Studies Political Geography Arabia Remove constraint Political Geography: Arabia Topic Crime Remove constraint Topic: Crime
- Author: Florence Gaub
- Publication Date: 06-2013
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: European Union Institute for Security Studies
- Abstract: Nearly two years have passed since the end of Colonel Qaddafi's dictatorship, but all is not well in Libya. What began as a popular uprising - that later gained international support through UN Security Council Resolution 1973 - has now turned into a potentially toxic security vacuum, culminating in the resignation of Chief of Staff Youssef al-Mangoush on 10 June and repeated clashes between civilians and a legalised militia in Benghazi which have left at least 35 people dead.
- Topic: Security, Political Violence, Crime, Islam, Regime Change, Fragile/Failed State
- Political Geography: Libya, Arabia, North Africa