You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution Centre for International Governance Innovation Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Centre for International Governance Innovation Political Geography Global Focus Remove constraint Political Geography: Global Focus Topic Markets Remove constraint Topic: Markets
- Author: Jason Thistlethwaite, Melissa Menzies
- Publication Date: 01-2016
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Centre for International Governance Innovation
- Abstract: To promote climate change risk mitigation in financial markets, the Financial Stability Board recently proposed the creation of a Climate Disclosure Task Force, coordinated through the G20, to develop standards for companies to disclose their exposure to climate change risks. With more than 400 existing disclosure schemes, this task will be challenging. This brief identifies the key categories of governance practices that must be addressed, how these divergent practices challenge end-users, and how the establishment of criteria that define effective and efficient reporting is a critical first step for the Climate Disclosure Task Force.
- Topic: Climate Change, Economics, Markets, Financial Crisis
- Political Geography: Global Focus