You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution Centre for European Policy Studies Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Centre for European Policy Studies Political Geography Asia Remove constraint Political Geography: Asia Topic Emerging Markets Remove constraint Topic: Emerging Markets
- Author: Ángel Ubide
- Publication Date: 09-2005
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Centre for European Policy Studies
- Abstract: Since the Asian crisis, the IMF has undergone a deep process of soul searching, trying to extract lessons from the experience. External criticism has been abundant, and basically all three of the IMF's main areas of work – surveillance, crisis prevention and resolution, and poverty reduction – have been called into question. Several years later, there is a feeling that not much has been achieved, and key questions remain unanswered. As the world business cycle matures, and thus the likelihood of further crises slowly increases, it is critical for the stability of the world financial system to discuss what the IMF's business model should look like.
- Topic: Development, Economics, Emerging Markets, International Trade and Finance
- Political Geography: Asia