You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution Center for Global Development Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Center for Global Development Political Geography Mexico Remove constraint Political Geography: Mexico
- Author: Liliana Rojas-Suarez
- Publication Date: 09-2009
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Center for Global Development
- Abstract: Before the global economic crisis began in 2008, all countries in Latin America, long known as the world's most economically and financially volatile region, had experienced five consecutive years of economic growth, a feat that had not been achieved since the 1970s. Yet despite this growth, Latin America's incomeper-capita gap relative to high-income countries and other emerging-market economies widened, and poverty remained stubbornly high. Latin America, in short, suffered from growing pains even when things were going reasonably well.
- Topic: Economics, Emerging Markets
- Political Geography: Brazil, Colombia, Latin America, Mexico, Costa Rica, Peru