You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution Center for Global Development Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Center for Global Development Political Geography Africa Remove constraint Political Geography: Africa Topic Markets Remove constraint Topic: Markets
- Author: Vijaya Ramachandran, Benjamin Leo, Ross Thuotte
- Publication Date: 04-2012
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Center for Global Development
- Abstract: In recent years, the World Bank Group has made increasingly strong and explicit commitments to fragile and conflict-affected states, putting them at the top of the development policy agenda. These commitments are promising, but give rise to significant operational challenges for the various arms of the World Bank Group, including the International Development Association (IDA), the International Finance Corporation (IFC), and the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA). The bank also faces steady pressure from shareholders to scale up involvement in fragile states while also improving absorptive capacity and project effectiveness.
- Topic: Development, Economics, Markets, Foreign Aid, World Bank
- Political Geography: Africa