You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution Carnegie Endowment for International Peace Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Carnegie Endowment for International Peace Political Geography China Remove constraint Political Geography: China Topic Markets Remove constraint Topic: Markets
- Author: William Chandler
- Publication Date: 03-2008
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
- Abstract: The United States and China seemingly remain locked in a climate suicide pact, each arguing the other is the reason for inaction. U.S.–China climate cooperation is urgently needed to avert climate disaster. The current situation of the energy sectors in the United States and China offers a solution. China and the United States can set and cooperate to achieve national goals and implement enforceable measures. If this U.S.– China policy experiment works, China and the United States could develop packages of policies and measures, test them for efficacy, correct them, and share them with other countries.
- Topic: Energy Policy, Environment, Industrial Policy, International Trade and Finance, Markets
- Political Geography: United States, China, Asia