You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs, Harvard University Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs, Harvard University Political Geography Russia Remove constraint Political Geography: Russia Topic Emerging Markets Remove constraint Topic: Emerging Markets
- Author: Ruud Kempener
- Publication Date: 12-2010
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs, Harvard University
- Abstract: Over the past decade, the six BRIMCS countries— Brazil, Russia, India, Mexico, China, and South Africa—have become important global players in political and economic domains. In 2007, they were collectively responsible for a third of the world's energy consumption, driven by China's growing energy use. Despite their increasing significance in the world's energy sector, very little systematic analysis of their energy investments, innovation institutions, and energy innovation policies has taken place. The International Energy Agency (IEA) is one of the few agencies that have been collecting data on ERD investments, but none of the BRIMCS countries are members.
- Topic: Emerging Markets, Energy Policy, Oil, Natural Resources
- Political Geography: Russia, China, India, South Africa, Brazil, Mexico