You searched for: Content Type Journal Article Remove constraint Content Type: Journal Article Political Geography Latin America Remove constraint Political Geography: Latin America Topic International Trade and Finance Remove constraint Topic: International Trade and Finance
- Author: Peter Sufrin
- Publication Date: 11-2019
- Content Type: Journal Article
- Institution: American Diplomacy
- Abstract: According to a recent State Department report, the United States is Brazil's second largest trading partner, and Brazil is the U.S.'s ninth largest trading partner. Not until the 1990s did the Brazilian government address trade liberalization, privatization, competition, and productivity as a way to increase commodities exports, and promote growth in imports of manufactured products. The possibility for further cooperation exists, particularly in the realm of Foreign Direct Investment, patent law, and a double taxation treaty, and with initiatives such as a U.S.-Brazil Commission on Economic and Trade Relations, a Defense Cooperation Dialogue, an Infrastructure Development Working Group, and an Economic and Financial Dialogue.
- Topic: International Relations, International Cooperation, International Trade and Finance, Treaties and Agreements, Alliance, Trade Liberalization, Free Trade, Exports
- Political Geography: Russia, China, India, South Africa, Brazil, Latin America, United States of America