You searched for: Content Type Journal Article Remove constraint Content Type: Journal Article Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Journal The Objective Standard Remove constraint Journal: The Objective Standard Topic Economics Remove constraint Topic: Economics
- Author: Richard M. Salsman
- Publication Date: 04-2015
- Content Type: Journal Article
- Journal: The Objective Standard
- Institution: The Objective Standard
- Abstract: Thomas Piketty's Capital in the Twenty-First Century makes an important contribution to the economic history of industrialization since the early 18th century. His collection of data on the distribution of income and wealth around the globe, drawn mainly from tax records, surveys, and national reports, is rigorous and comprehensive; no one before has collected such credible material in this important sub-field of economics. Piketty is also to be credited for presenting the data in scores of easy-to-interpret graphs and for making it available online for those wishing to verify the presentation and/or investigate alternative empirical patterns.
- Topic: Economics