You searched for: Content Type Commentary and Analysis Remove constraint Content Type: Commentary and Analysis Political Geography India Remove constraint Political Geography: India Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Publication Year within 3 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 3 Years Topic Budget Remove constraint Topic: Budget
- Author: Gautam Chikermane
- Publication Date: 02-2020
- Content Type: Commentary and Analysis
- Institution: Italian Institute for International Political Studies (ISPI)
- Abstract: India’s middle class will count a few rupees, bank depositors will get a little security, privatisation enthusiasts will chew on a new player in the market. But other than high-sounding grandiose statements, India’s Budget 2020 has delivered no expectations. This was preordained, of course. So, if anyone is feeling disappointed, clearly s/he is not reading the economic signals in the economy or the approach of Narendra Modi’s government to it clearly. Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman had little room for manoeuvre. Her Budget shows how little. In a line: Budget 2020 is yet another wasted opportunity.
- Topic: Markets, Politics, Budget, Finance, Narendra Modi
- Political Geography: South Asia, India