You searched for: Content Type Commentary and Analysis Remove constraint Content Type: Commentary and Analysis Political Geography Germany Remove constraint Political Geography: Germany Topic Anti-Semitism Remove constraint Topic: Anti-Semitism
- Author: Manfred Gerstenfeld
- Publication Date: 10-2019
- Content Type: Commentary and Analysis
- Institution: The Begin-Sadat Centre for Strategic Studies (BESA)
- Abstract: Berlin has surpassed Malmö as Europe’s antisemitism capital, with a wide variety of anti-Jewish and anti-Israel attitudes on display. They include dozens of cases of physical aggression against Jews, including rabbis. Jewish pupils have had to leave public schools. Thirty-five percent of Berliners view Israelis as analogous to Nazis. An Al-Quds Day march takes place annually that calls for the destruction of Israel. Both the municipality and the federal government are two-faced about the problem of antisemitism.
- Topic: Politics, Judaism, Ideology, Anti-Semitism
- Political Geography: Europe, Middle East, Israel, Palestine, Germany