You searched for: Content Type Commentary and Analysis Remove constraint Content Type: Commentary and Analysis Publishing Institution The Cato Institute Remove constraint Publishing Institution: The Cato Institute
- Author: Robert Levy
- Publication Date: 10-2016
- Content Type: Commentary and Analysis
- Institution: The Cato Institute
- Abstract: It’s doubtful that new gun controls—imposed mostly on persons who are not part of the problem—will be ef- fective. Accordingly, they should expire automatically after a reasonable test period. If they work, they can be reenacted. The Second Amendment doesn’t bar sensi- bleregulations,butitdemandsrigorfromourlawmak- ers and the courts in legislating and reviewing gun control measures.
- Topic: Arms Control and Proliferation
- Political Geography: America