You searched for: Content Type Commentary and Analysis Remove constraint Content Type: Commentary and Analysis Political Geography Afghanistan Remove constraint Political Geography: Afghanistan Topic Taliban Remove constraint Topic: Taliban
- Author: Olli Ruohomäki
- Publication Date: 10-2016
- Content Type: Commentary and Analysis
- Institution: The Finnish Institute for International Affairs
- Abstract: Despite the complexity Afghanistan entails, it is possible to outline the main contours of the fragmented reality and geopolitical fault lines that inform the situation on the ground. It is with this in mind that this Briefing Paper examines the cur- rent state of affairs in Afghanistan with a focus on the highly contentious politics, precarious security situation and the role of the difficult neighbourhood. The paper concludes with reflections regarding the prospects for peace, which do not appear promising.
- Topic: Conflict Resolution, Taliban, Geopolitics
- Political Geography: Afghanistan, Middle East