You searched for: Content Type Commentary and Analysis Remove constraint Content Type: Commentary and Analysis Publishing Institution Council on International Policy (CIP) Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Council on International Policy (CIP) Political Geography America Remove constraint Political Geography: America Topic International Cooperation Remove constraint Topic: International Cooperation
- Author: Fuad Olajuwon
- Publication Date: 03-2017
- Content Type: Commentary and Analysis
- Institution: Council on International Policy (CIP)
- Abstract: Japan is in a unique position. With the rise of Trump and the changing of the American political landscape, the world faces a new challenge. That challenge is uncertainty. If you’re from a realist background, that raises concern. The shifting of the global narrative is one to look out for, as countries across Europe and the Western world are shifting away from the “liberal world order” and more into an ideologist that puts the concerns of the host over that of the guest. With Brexit and “#AmericaFirst” rhetoric gaining momentum, what is the fate of East Asia? One thing is sure: this is a unique time as ever for Japan to stand on its own two feet.
- Topic: International Cooperation, International Affairs
- Political Geography: Japan, America