You searched for: Content Type Book Remove constraint Content Type: Book Publishing Institution Georgetown University Press Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Georgetown University Press Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Topic International Cooperation Remove constraint Topic: International Cooperation
- Author: Gülnur Aybet, Rebecca R. Moore
- Publication Date: 02-2010
- Content Type: Book
- Institution: Georgetown University Press
- Abstract: As the north atlantic treaty organization, NATO, enters its seventh decade, it finds itself busier than at any time in its history. Not only is the Alliance involved in an array of military missions, widely ranging in scope and geographical area from Afghanistan to Sudan; NATO also stands at the center of a host of regional and global partnerships now increasingly focused on equipping it to address the new global challenges that it confronts in the post–Cold War, post–September 11, 2001, world. Yet despite NATO\'s wider engagement in these global missions and partnerships, it remains troubled by the absence of a grand strategic vision to guide its activities into the twenty-first century.
- Topic: Conflict Prevention, Security, NATO, International Cooperation, International Organization