You searched for: Content Type Book Remove constraint Content Type: Book Publishing Institution Oxfam Publishing Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Oxfam Publishing Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years
- Author: Thea Gelbspan
- Publication Date: 10-2015
- Content Type: Book
- Institution: Oxfam Publishing
- Abstract: There are times where most organizations dedicated to advancing human rights and sustainable development must face the question: What does positive change look like? How does it happen? And, what do we need to understand in order to support these processes effectively? The case of the indigenous movements of the Andean region provides a compelling response to these questions. This book presents a retrospective overview of the social and political movements of indigenous peoples in Ecuador, Peru, and Bolivia between 1980 and 2010. It describes key developments that set the context for the strategies employed by indigenous organizations in the Andean highlands and the western Amazon in order to have a say in decisions that affect their lands and their lives. It also details the ways in which Oxfam America accompanied these movements in the struggle to claim their rights and identifies some key achievements and lessons learned in the course of their long partnership.
- Topic: Development, International Organization, Political Economy, History
- Political Geography: Latin America